By Warsaw authorities decision, our primary and middle school students can use public transport in Warsaw free of charge starting from September 2017. They must have a personalized card issued by the Public Transport Authority.
If you are interested, please apply for a card for your child at ZTM passenger service points
You will be asked to:
- complete and sign application form ;
- provide a photo (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) signed on the back with the student’s last name;
- provide a certificate of a fulfillment of compulsory education in Polish (can be obtained at the management secretary in Saska Kępa and Sadyba or printed via Pronote for middle school students).
A few comments on completing the application:
- Applications filled illegibly or incorrectly will not be implemented.
- If your child does not have a PESEL number, please enter his date of birth (dd / mm / yyyy).
- If your child receives discounts resulting from the Varsity Card, please write down this fact manually by entering the “e-hologram” at the top of the form. Then, the rights to the discounts will be recoded into the new card.
You will find information about the rules of free journeys and discounts effective in Warsaw from September 2017 below:
- Pupils who turn 7 during the calendar year are allowed to use public transport for free up to September 30.
- Students of primary and middle schools operating in Warsaw/students residing in Warsaw, use transport for free on the basis of a personalized card issued by the Public Transport Authority;
- Children and youth from October 1 of the calendar year, in which they turn 7 years to the age of 16, who do not have the above-mentioned card entitling them to free transport, use a 50% discount based on ID with photo and date of birth;
- Youth older than 17 years may use 50% discount up to 30 September of the calendar year in which they reach the age of 21. They use the discount on the basis of the ISIC (International Student Identity Card https://www.isic.org/) which is valid for a given calendar year.
Source of information: http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=142&l=1